Founder of Kang’s Taekwondo Academy
May the pursuit of excellence through the Kang’s Taekwondo Academy help set the standard for the future challenges that you will meet in your everyday life.
- May 10, joined Taekwondo – Chang Moo Kwan
- Instructor for the Republic of Korea Army
- Lead instructor in Vietnam
- Police Department Instructor
- August 15, 1969
- Grand opening of Kang’s Taekwondo Academy in Korea, Branch of Taekwondo Chang Moo Kwan
- Moved to Canada
- Invited instructor at Baltimore, MD.
- August 15, 1976
- Grand opening of Kang’s Taekwondo Academy in Canada at 449 Portage Avenue (across from The Bay at One Canada Centre)
- Founding member of the National Taekwondo Federation of Canada
- Founding member of the Manitoba Taekwondo Association (ALF. WTF)
Founding member of the North American Taekwondo Union
- Founding member of the Pan American Taekwondo Union
Hosted the first official Canadian Taekwondo Championships and Team Trial for World Championship.
- Founder of the Korean Culture Taekwondo Black Belt Association of Manitoba.
- Hosted the 15th Canadian Taekwondo Championships and Team Trial for the World Championship.
- Host of the Can-Am Games Invitational Tournament
- 1978 – 2003
- On many occasions participated as the Head of the Canadian National Team, also as Manager, Coach or Official Delegate to International and World Events.
- September 1, 1986
- Appointed President of the Taekwondo Chang Moo Kwan Canada Branch by the President of the World Taekwondo Chang Moo Kwan Headquarters.
Appointed Canadian Branch Master of Taekwondo Chang Moo Kwan.
- Executive member of WTF Taekwondo Association of Canada
- Appointed Team Leader of the Canadian Olympic Taekwondo Team
- Received the Award of Excellence from the National Coaching Association of Canada
- April 24, 2008
- Received a letter of commendation from Kukkiwon (World Taekwondo Headquarters)
- September 3, 2008
- Appointed to the Kukkiwon International Advisory Committee
- February 10, 2010
- Appointed to the Kukkiwon Research and Development Committee
- June 30, 2011
- Appointed as a Kukkiwon Advisory Member
National Team Members from Kang’s Taekwondo Academy
Over the years, a number of Kang’s Academy members have won Gold, earning a place on the Canadian National Team, some going on to medal in International competitions.
Many of the Kang’s Academy Team have advanced to the Semi and Quarter Finals and several have brought home Silver and Bronze medals from the National Games .